We are a company registered in England and Wales (registration number ) under the name Qropstar; the address of our registered office is North Colchester Business Centre, 340 The Crescent, Colchester, CO4 9AD. We are registered as a data controller with the Information Commissioner's Office (registration number).
Qropstar is committed to respecting the privacy rights of visitors to its Site and App. This Privacy Notice explains how we collect, store and use personal data about you when you visit the Site or App, buy Products from us or otherwise provide your personal data to us. It provides you with details about the types of personal data that we collect from you, how we use your personal data and the rights you have to control our use of your personal data. Words used in this Privacy Notice have the same meaning as is attributed to them in the Qropstar Terms and conditions.
What personal information do we collect about you?
- a username and password;
- name, date of birth, age and sex;
- billing and delivery addresses, email address and phone number(s);
- Payment Method (typically credit card or debit card) details;
- your Images and other User Content;
- correspondence with and from Qropstar;
- your preferences about receiving communications from Qropstar;
- information about your use of Qropstar, and your browsing and online purchasing activities; and details we may ask you to submit to verify your identity.
We may also collect some of this personal data from third parties who have your consent to pass your details to us.
In order to take advantage of some of our Services, you may need to supply us with the personal details of a third party (for example, their name and address if you wish to send a Product to them as a gift). We will not use this information for anything other than providing the Services for which the information was supplied.
We may disclose your first name and last name, to selected third parties, including but not limited to Pro-Gallery owners from whom you have purchased items. The purpose of this is so that a record may be kept by the third parties of who has purchased Products from them. It is a condition of your use of our Services that you agree to this disclosure of this data.
How do we use your personal information?
Your personal data will be collected, processed, stored and used by us, and passed to and processed by our subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and other data processors acting under contract with us.
- to provide the Qropstar service to you in accordance with our agreement;
- to create personalised Products selected by you;
- to associate your Account, and your Product purchases, with you, and to verify your identity;
- if you elect to store an encrypted Payment Method with us, to associate that Payment Method with you when you place an order;
- to tailor aspects of Qropstar (including its search function and offers) to you;
- to process payments you make for Products;
- to pass your Product order for delivery by third party deliverers engaged by us;
- to provide customer support and improve your customer experience;
- to contact you by email and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification) in relation to the products or services you have purchased.
If you’ve told us it’s OK (or unless you’ve asked us not to after a purchase), we would like to contact you to provide information about products or services we think might interest you. You may withdraw this consent at any time.
For legitimate business reasons we will also process your data for customer satisfaction and customer experience improvement purposes, such as by analysing data we hold about you, and combining it with data held by third parties, in order to discern your interests, demography and other factors, and in consequence to offer goods and services that are likely to have the greatest value to you. We would also use this data in connection with the prevention and detection of fraud and other crime.
If you elect to store a Payment Method with us, that Payment Method will not in fact be stored by Qropstar itself, but instead it will be stored by a payment service provider under contract with us. The storing payment service provider will be required to comply with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS). Note that, when using a stored Payment Method to make payment for your Qropstar order, certain techniques will be used to assist in maintaining the security of the details of your stored Payment Method. For example, not all of the payment card number will be visible to you (typically, all except the final four digits will be masked), and you will be required to provide certain information (such as, but not limited to, a CV2 card security number) in order to proceed with using that Payment Method. To remove or change a stored Payment Method, please follow the procedures specified on the Site or App, or contact our customer services team.
If you are asked to provide a phone number when ordering a Product, note that the phone number will be provided to the deliverer of your order and may appear on your order's packaging to assist with the delivery process.
We automatically collect anonymous information about your use of Qropstar. For example, we may automatically log which parts of Qropstar you access, which web browser you deploy and the website from which you linked to Qropstar. You cannot be identified from any of this information. It enables us to compile statistics about the use of Qropstar, and to help target aspects of Qropstar and advertising to you more accurately.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Disclosing your personal data
We will not disclose any of your personal data, other than to subsidiary and/or affiliated companies and data processors (including deliverers and payment service providers) under contract with us. To enable us to provide our service, we share data with the following categories of organisations:
- information technology (hardware and software) companies;
- payment processing companies;
- manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers;
- delivery and courier services;
- fraud prevention companies;
- advertising and marketing services companies;
- other companies in the Qropstar brand..
We will not share your data with any other categories of organisation without your permission unless:
- we are legally entitled to do so (for example, pursuant to a court order or for the purposes of prevention or detection of crime or fraud);
- we are in negotiations with a third party for the sale or purchase of any of Qropstar business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- Qropstar, or substantially all of its assets, is acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by Qropstar about its customers will be one of the transferred assets; or
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Qropstar aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed what Personal Data we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete.
- The right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data.
- The right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information.
- The right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format.
- The right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where Qropstar relied on your consent to process your personal information.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analysing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
- Google Analytics
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualise and personalise the ads of its own advertising network.
For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page: http://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/
If you’ve told us it’s OK (or unless you’ve asked us not to after a purchase), we will send you information about other products and services. These emails and mobile communications (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification) provide you with information about offers, new Products and other things that we think may interest you or Qropstar customers generally. You can change your preferences on the “My Account” section of the website or using the link provided on an email and you can opt out of receiving text (SMS) messaging alerts at any time by texting STOP to the number which appears in the relevant text (SMS) messaging alert, and prevent receipt of "push" notification messaging alerts by turning off the push function on your mobile device.
We use advertising and marketing services companies to show you products that might interest you while you’re browsing the internet. This is based on either your marketing preferences or your acceptance of cookies on our websites.
We may also send you emails to remind you of a credit that’s about to expire, photos you haven’t used, items you’ve left in your basket or following a purchase. You can opt out of these emails using the link provided.
We may also send you communications by post which provide you with information about offers, new Products and other things that we think may interest you or Qropstar customers generally. You can notify us of your preferences concerning our postal communications here.
We may transfer personal data that we collect from you to third party data processors located in countries that are outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and to other Qropstar group companies in connection with the above purposes. Please be aware that countries outside the EEA may not offer the same level of data protection as the United Kingdom; however, we always require that third party data processors deal with your personal data in accordance with this privacy notice. Any transfers are done in accordance with the standards laid down by the EU Commission and/or decisions of the European Court of Justice.
If you have not logged into your account for 3 years, your personal details and any photos will be deleted. We retain other minimal data for tax, anti-fraud and other purposes in accordance with our data retention policy.
Under the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR) you have a number of rights you can exercise over your data. Your rights are:
- the right to receive a copy of your data free of charge (known as a Subject Access Request);
- the right to receive certain data in an electronic format that can be given to another provider (a portability request);
- the right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate;
- the right to ask us to stop processing or object to processing under certain circumstances;
- the right to ask us to erase data in certain circumstances;
- the right to withdraw consent at any time when that is the legal basis for our processing.
To discuss any of these rights, please contact Customer services
Qropstar has designated a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted by email or by post at our registered office.
Additionally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Data Protection regulator. In our case, this is the Information Commissioner's Office in the UK. Details of how to contact them can be found at ICO.org.uk.
Links to third party sites
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to the websites of third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those websites or their policies.
We employ significant technical and organisational measures to guard against unauthorised or unlawful processing of your personal data and against accidental loss or destruction of, or damage to, your personal data. We believe the measures implemented by our site reduce the likelihood of security problems to a level appropriate to the type of data involved.
We have security measures in place to protect our database of Users and access to this database is restricted internally. However, there are things we can all do to help stay safe and secure online:
- ensure no-one else uses Qropstar through your Account;
- log off or exit from your Qropstar Account when not using it;
- keep your password or other access information secret;
- use different passwords for different services you use online;
- ensure you’re using the most up-to-date versions of your software.
We will never ask you to confirm the details of your Account or Payment Method by email or mobile communication. If you receive such contact, please do not respond to it.
Updates to this notice
This Privacy Notice was last updated on 18th March 2020. Please check back regularly to keep informed of changes to this notice.
If you would like to contact us about any aspect of this Privacy Notice please visit our Contact Us page.
Last updated: 19/05/20